Thank you to those who ordered their DVD copies of the show. Please make your payments by Wed 17 September by either leaving a cheque or cash in the box in the studio or paying online. Ensure your name is on your cheque and that cash is in a named envelope with ‘DVD’ written on it. Please make cheques payable to ‘Fraser Heal’.
For online payments, please deposit your payment into bank account 38-9000-0671892-03 using your last name as reference. The disks are $25 each and will be distributed at ballet practice at the end of next week. For any further information please contact Fraser at: email@example.com
Thank you – Fraser Heal
Exam registration forms will be at the Studio by the beginning of next week. Depending on entries, the approximate dates for exams is as follows:
- all Ballet grades and any modern jazz grades – Oct/Nov 2013
note: we cannot be more specific as the examiner coming out to NZ determines this.
We will advise you as soon as we know.
- Majors only – 7/8 December 2013
* Extra classes will start 2nd week of school holidays – Tues-Fri, 8–11 Oct 2013 and charged separately.
* Entries must be in by Friday 27 September 2013, last day of term.
Please make sure you think carefully before registering for exams. It is another big commitment and extra classes are compulsory and charged accordingly. (note additional class charges will be charged separately to exam fees). Please make sure you are clear on all requirements before registering for these exams.
Click for the updated timetable: http://www.petaspooner.co.nz/timetable/
Please note changes from 9 Sept:
- Monday 5-6pm Advanced 1&2 Mod.Jazz
- Monday 7-8pm Advanced 1&2 Mod.Jazz
- Wednesday 3.30pm Grade 2&3 Ballet
- Wednesday 4.15pm Grade 3&4 Ballet
The countdown is on to our Show on 5-7 September. We have 5 weeks to go! This is the final show notice being emailed out to the entire studio. FINAL DAY TO REGISTER IS THURSDAY 8TH AUGUST. After Saturday if you have not registered and paid for the Show you will not be receiving these emails. Please check on the Noticeboard in Studio 1 to make sure you are registered!.
FAQ about the Show (pdf file)
We have assigned a main coordinator to each group. This is your main contact from now through to the Show. The will be in touch with you after the weekend.
- Group A – Preschool Ballet
- Group B – Primary & Grade 1 Ballet
- Group C – Grades 2, 3/4 & 5 Ballet and Grade 1 Jazz
- Group D – Grade 4 Jazz and Grade 6 Ballet
- Group E – Grade 5 & Intermediate Ballet and Intermediate Jazz
- Group F – Seniors (Advanced 1 & 2)
- Group G – Upper Moutere
Sign In/Sign Out Sheets
From this week there will be a list up for you to sign in and out at each practise. Please ensure you do this! It is also a good habit for when we get into the Theatre, where it is a safety requirement and must be followed!
Rehearsals – Now To The Show!
- Weekdays – as advised by your teacher
- Saturdays (10, 17, 24, 31 August)
- 12 – 1pm – Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G
- 1pm – Groups A & B can go home
- 1 – 2.30pm – Groups C, D, E, F, G
- 2.30 – 3pm – Group F and/or any other groups requiring extra work.
NOTE: Sundays may be required for seniors if needed.
Week of the Show
Monday & Tuesday (2 & 3rd Sept) 5pm sharp.
Rehearsals will be at the Theatre Royal. Please come to the back door of the Theatre and SIGN IN! A reminder that parents are not allowed upstairs unless an assigned helper for the night. Groups A & B will be handed over to the helper on the night and returned back downstairs to SIGN OUT and released back to parents.
General Uniform Requirements for Show
Girls: Regulation navy blue leotard (Preschool – Grade 6 Ballet), Regulation black leotard (Intermediate and up Ballet), Pink tights, Pink ballet shoes – elastic, no ribbons
* Jazz dances require – black jazz shoes (must have black elastic, no laces), black jazz leggings full length, NOT 3/4.
* Grade 5 ballet and up – a bodysuit is required to be worn underneath many costumes.
Boys: White or black ballet shoes with matching elastic, White socks, Black jazz shoes (black elastic, no laces), White and/or black leotard or top black jazz pants or leggings.
NOTE: If you are in jazz dances you are required to wear the correct uniform. Please see your coordinator if you have any queries.
Final day for ordering uniform items for the Show is 16 August.
Please email Marie on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For ballet shoes contact Sonia Malpas at Pointe of Difference on: email@example.com 027 268 1888
2013 Show Terms and Conditions
- Participation Fee: $40 – up to Grade 6 and $60 – Intermediate and over. Must be paid by 1 August 2013. NO refunds!
- Show Practices & Rehearsals: The Show is a big commitment for your family and everyone involved. We endeavor to keep rehearsals to a minimum; however, participants are required to attend ALL rehearsals. If you have other commitments that conflict, please speak to your dance teacher BEFORE committing to the Show.
- Information: We will make every effort to keep you updated with all information. However, if you are not at rehearsals it is up to you to find out if you have missed information. Your group will be assigned a coordinator who will be your first point of contact. Any queries please send email to below address.
Can you help? The show is not possible without the help from you all. If you can help in any way, please email us. Sewing & Costuming – Advertising – Backstage – Sponsor – Anything!
Payments by direct debit to The Wakatu Dance Theatre Trust:
A/C 06-0705-0314982-03 reference: student name
Peta Spooner Dance Academy & Wakatu Dance Theatre Trust
Peta Spooner: 027 242 1442 – Jane Pascoe: 021 995 009
Sale Day – Uniforms
Second-hand dance gear sale is on Saturday 29 June 1-4pm in Studio One. This will be the last chance to purchase second-hand dance gear through the studio via Marie Price. From June, any remaining dance gear will be given back to the owners. All will be welcome to make use of the noticeboards to advertise buy/sell/swaps though.
- Amended dates for our show – 5-7 September 2013. Please think carefully before committing to this. Registration forms and info sheets out shortly.
- Helpers: we cannot do this without your help! If you can sew, assist with costuming or ANY part of the show, please email us we would love to hear from you.
- T-shirt orders will be taken – see list at Studio 1 and 2. T-shirts and singlets will be at the studio by Friday this week to try your size. One run only – final day for orders 4 July, 2013.
Well done to those who have finished their Jazz exams. You all worked very hard.
Reminder: Term 2 Fees overdue – please check to make sure you’ve paid.